Skincare has always been important to me, and I can remember back in middle school when I would go into my mom's bathroom and try out her array cleansers and moisturizers. I then went on to sample just almost everything under the sun from drugstore to high-end products, and I admit that even now, I am still always on the search for the next great thing that will transform my skin.
I'm lucky that I have only had a short period of mild breakouts during the beginning of high school, and went to the dermatologist regularly to refill my prescription for a mild cleanser that I used for years. My skin care routine varies every couple of months, although there are products in this mix that are holy grail items for me. I've been using these products religiously every night for a while now, and really enjoy them, so I thought I would share this with you in case you may be looking for new skincare items to replace or add to your nightly routine!
To give you some background on my skin for this to be more helpful, I have oily combination skin with mild hyperpigmentation. Read on to find out some of my skin care essentials!
1. Micellar Cleansing Water - I have always been a huge fan of Bioderma cleansing water and used it for years before it just became too pricey to keep repurchasing it every few months. I instead gave this Garnier product a try to see if it could be a potential dupe after seeing it in practically every drugstore during my time abroad in Europe. It's super affordable and gets all of your makeup off in a few seconds (using a cotton pad) and doesn't leave an oily residue, making it a worthy competitor against the Bioderma cleansing water.
2. Cotton Pads - Honestly, this product gets its own number because its such an important tool in my everyday makeup and skincare routine. I use cotton pads for all occasions from wiping off my making up, taking off old nail polish, and even exfoliating from time to time since the texture helps to get rid of dead skin cells. It's something that I always keep in stock in my bathroom cabinet.
3. Purity Made Simple cleanser - I've used purity cleaner (by Philosophy) for years and just love that its great for my skin type and doesn't break me out! This is definitely one of the most popular on the market and I can totally see why.
4. Clarisonic Mia - I'm notorious for trying out a ton of new products all the time, but what remains consistent is my love for my Clarisonic Mia. This pulsing, cleansing tool is amazing and has kept my skin looking polished since high school. The best part is that you can buy different brush heads that target a specific skin type or problem. It's pricey but a great investment.
5. Lotus Youth Preserve Eye Cream (fresh) - It's never too early to start using eye cream since its the number one product that helps you to stay youthful for those aging years. Trust me, your complexion will thank you in 10 years. I've used this eye cream for about 4 months and I've barely made a dent, so any kind should last you a long time.
6. Korres Greek Yogurt Sleeping Facial - I was really intrigued by this moisturizer since I love greek yogurt. I usually smoothe this onto my face after cleansing my skin and just love how lightweight by hydrating it is. It came in a trial pack of 3, so I also have the Wild Rose and Anti-aging sleeping facials as well. I alternate between all 3 and they are all fabulous!
7. Face Masks. I don't do face masks very often (maybe once a week), but when I do find the time to treat myself, it always feels so luxurious and leaves my skin feeling like a million bucks. I have a ton of different "flavors" and scents and use a different one each time. You can purchase them online (Amazon has some great ones), check out a local asian beauty store or even grocery store to purchase some.I don't particularly have a favorite, but fruity and floral scents are the most calming to me.
What are your essentials and must haves for fabulous skin? Let me know below!