Turning 23 is a little bittersweet for me, only because I absolutely loved being 22 (on top of it being my favorite number)! I honestly cannot even process how much has happened in the past year, how much I've changed and grown as a person, and how excited I am for 2017. My birthdays have never been big affairs, and I prefer to spend it relatively low-key with my some of my closest friends. Last year, I spent it snowed in on my college campus playing board games and having late night chats, and this birthday marks the third year I have spent in a cabin with people that I love. I really couldn't have asked for a better way to ring in 23!
For this week's Monday post, I thought it would be fun to give you 23 pieces of wisdom from my new 23 year-old self. Hope you enjoy!
1. Life isn't all about collecting money, its about collecting experiences.
2. Dress to Impress.
3. Never forget how much you are loved by the people around you.
4. Booking the plane ticket is never a mistake. FYI, bookmark Skyscanner.com NOW!
5. Make an effort to show loved ones you care.
6. Don't be afraid to meet people.
7. Don't be afraid to let people go.
8. It's ok to not have it all figured out because everything always falls into place.
9. Be kind to everyone!
10. Don't focus on making someone else happy that you forget to make yourself happy.
11. Capture the memories because you will regret it when your memory isn't as vivid in 30 years.
12. Always plan for some vacation and "me" time to de-stress from work.
13. Have fun and splurge a little, but save enough for a rainy day.
14. Eat the pizza. Then go to the gym. But still eat the pizza.
15. Be curious about everything, and use Google to confirm any doubts you may have.
16. Never settle for what you want or you will regret it later.
17. Spend time with your co-workers outside of work.
18. Success is not driven by title, prestige, or money, it's about how the positive, lasting impression you leave on someone.
19. Don't be afraid to try new foods.
20. Experiment with a new hairstyle or color. It changes everything.
21. People who are meant to be in your life will be in your life.
22. Your heart will break but it will piece together again.
23. Live in the moment. You have the rest of your life to figure out the future, but you will never get right now back.
Thank you to all of you guys for an awesome birthday weekend. xoxo
Location: Catskills, NY